Thursday, January 10, 2008

The People We Miss (ed)

For every Elizabeth Edwards or Jerry Lewis that goes in the early rounds there is someone who will slip through the cracks. It is our job to keep you abreast of all of your celebrity mortality news but for us here at Death Pool central an obituary without a point is somewhat unsatisfying. As previously reported, Sir Edmund Hillary reached his second milestone by being the first person in 2008 to plant his flag in the great beyond. The 88 year old Hillary seemed like a great pick, he is old and has spent extended periods in little oxygen. What we want is for you guys to share a few words...about why you didn't choose him in the first place

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Rats! I thought he was already dead. I need to work on my research skills. Anyway, Sir Edmund, rest in peace!

Marc said...

I knew I didn't like the British for a good reason...

Carlisle's U.S. History said...

I have been told I only pick people that I identify with. Hillary is far too much nature for me. That is why I picked people that have done with I have experienced Pnemonia (Karcher) Reading the news (Cronkie) or basketball (Michael J. Fox 07)

Jen said...

I think there is just an embarrassment of riches when it comes to old people that could die this year. The OC Angels rocked a 90+ strategy but we turned blind eyes to genetics and profession. Rookie mistakes.

Anonymous said...

So sad to see a life wasted. And by wasted I mean not an active member of the Kiss of Death roster. I too picked people that I could relate to, which is why I ended up with a bitter lunatic (Andy Rooney), a guy with sweet facial hair (C. Everett Koop), and Suge Knight.

Anonymous said...

Who knew he was still alive?!

Unknown said...

As much as I now hate marc for his anti-limeyism, I feel compelled to point out that Sir Eddie was in fact a kiwi (though the expedition was British led) :)


“ Well George, we finally knocked the bastard off. ”

—Hillary's first words to lifelong friend George Lowe on returning from Everest's summit

Erin said...

Don't worry, I'm sure the Kiwis have lots of similar reasons for you to hate them too, like universal health care, hobbits, and other things that we Americans consider mythical.